Build Review System
Looking to get more plots or have your build featured in the gallery? After doing /submit your build will be submitted to the servers JUDGES(community build reviewers) who will use this scoring guideline to determine if you are eligible for additional plots, rank upgrade, and being featured in the gallery!
How Many Plots Do I have
When you start out, your chat tag will have one pink letter. You start out with two plots at this rank. When you get promoted though a build review, you receive an extra plot and another letter on your chat tag becomes pink, as shown below:
Rank Promotion Visual
To calculate the number of plots you can own, count the pink letters and add one: that is how many plots you can own!
Submits your plot to the community JUDGES for review! You will be unable to modify your current plot unless you /unsubmit it from review.
Retracts your plot from review and restores building permissions.
If your build is rated well by a community JUDGE, then you will receive the following rewards:
Notice how your tag has only a little pink filled up on it? Upon successful build review, you will receive more pink in your tag! This is mainly for aesthetic purposes but shows others that you are an experienced builder.
Keep in mind that the scoring and expectations will be stricter the higher your rank is and the number of plots that you have.
Judges should rate the build based on its originality, unique concept, and imaginative use of materials. When reviewing a build, judges should consider the following:
Originality: How unique is the idea behind the build? Does it stand out from other builds in the community?
- Example: A build that combines elements from different cultures and time periods into a singular, cohesive design would be considered highly original.
Imaginative Use of Materials: How well does the player use the materials available to them in their build?
- Example: A build that incorporates natural materials such as rocks, trees, and water in creative ways to create a cohesive and immersive environment.
Innovative Building Techniques: Does the player utilize creative building techniques to bring their build to life?
- Example: A build that utilizes clever angles and curves to create an organic and flowing design, rather than relying solely on straight lines and right angles.
By focusing on these aspects of creativity, judges can provide fair and objective ratings for builds in the Build Legends community.
Judges should rate the build based on its overall visual appeal and attention to detail. When reviewing a build, judges should consider the following:
Overall Visual Appeal: How pleasing is the build to the eye? Does it have a cohesive and harmonious design?
- Example: A build with a color palette that complements the environment and materials used, and has well-designed structures and elements would be considered highly visually appealing.
Attention to Detail: How much care and thought has gone into the smaller details of the build?
- Example: A build with intricate patterns and designs on walls, furniture, and other elements, and with well-placed lighting, would be considered highly detailed.
Consistency in Design: Does the build have a consistent theme or style throughout its design?
- Example: A build that has a consistent medieval theme with matching architectural styles, furniture, and other elements would be considered highly consistent in design.
By focusing on these aspects of aesthetics, judges can provide fair and objective ratings for builds in the Build Legends community.
How well the build serves its intended purpose, such as being a functional house, farm, or factory, should be taken into consideration.
Judges should also consider the practical use and functionality of the build when rating it. The following are key aspects of functionality that judges should take into account:
Design Flow: How well does the build flow and lead the player through its various sections?
- Example: A build with clear pathways and natural divisions between sections would score highly in design flow.
Ease of Navigation: How easily can players navigate the build and find their way around? Example: A build with clear signage and a logical layout would score well in ease of navigation.
Practicality: How practical and usable is the build for players?
- Example: A build with functional doors, usable seating, and well-designed storage would be considered practical and functional.
By considering the functional aspects of a build, judges can ensure that the Build Legends community is filled with builds that are both aesthetically pleasing and practical for players to use and explore.
IV. Build Quality:
Judges should look at the overall structure, including stability and precision of the build. They should also assess the use of proper building techniques, such as appropriate spacing, to ensure the build is safe.
Judges should rate the build based on the overall level of skill and effort put into the creation. When reviewing a build, judges should consider the following:
Structure: How well does the build hold up and maintain its form?
- Example: A build that has a solid foundation and uses proper techniques for building up and out, such as utilizing supporting pillars and beams, would score highly for structure.
Attention to Detail: How much effort has the player put into adding finishing touches and intricate details to their build?
- Example: A build that includes intricate carvings, custom textures, and unique lighting effects would score highly for attention to detail.
Building Techniques: How well does the player utilize different building techniques and styles in their build?
- Example: A build that incorporates different styles, such as medieval, steampunk, and futuristic, into a cohesive and well-executed design would score highly for building techniques.
By focusing on these aspects of build quality, judges can provide fair and objective ratings for builds in the Build Legends community.
V. Overall Impact:
This category takes into account the build's overall impact on the player's plot and the server as a whole. Judges should consider the build's contribution to the community, such as adding to the overall aesthetic or providing a useful resource.
When rating a build for its overall impact, judges should consider the overall effect that the build has on the surrounding environment and the player experience. This includes aspects such as:
Immersion: How well does the build fit into its surrounding environment and create a believable world for players to explore?
- Example: A build that seamlessly integrates with its surroundings, using natural materials and blending into the landscape, would be considered highly immersive.
Attention to Detail: How much care and attention has the player put into the smaller details of the build?
- Example: A build that includes intricate carvings, fine details, and thoughtfully placed decorations would be considered high in attention to detail.
Scale: How well does the build fit within its surroundings, and does it look proportional and believable in its environment?
- Example: A build that looks out of place in its surroundings, either by being too small or too large, would not score as highly in this aspect.
Overall Impact: How much of an impact does the build have on the player experience?
- Example: A build that takes players on a journey through a rich and detailed world, with immersive landscapes, hidden secrets, and engaging stories, would have a high overall impact.
By focusing on these aspects of overall impact, judges can provide a well-rounded and comprehensive rating for builds in the Build Legends community.